Dux College provides one on one tuition for enrolled students.
Dux College primarily runs small classes for our students, but from time to time we may organise one on one tuition for our students in cases where:
- an enrolled student needs additional support to catch up to where our classes are (e.g. covering missed topics for students who join us mid-year, or remedial help for students with weak foundations)
- for subjects where we do not run classes (e.g. English Standard)
- for exceptional circumstances where our classes are not suitable
The one on one sessions are taken by the same tutors who take our classes, and are of the same high standard of quality one would expect from our organisation. This results in limited availability. We therefore generally do not offer private tutoring as a standalone service – we are happy to offer it only for existing enrolled students of ours to meet their needs.
Terms and Conditions
- If you are an enrolled student of ours and would like additional private tutoring, please first call us to get an indication of availability.
- Fees must be paid in advance. We require a minimum booking period of one term (10 weeks) at 1 hour per weekly session as a minimum. We will only begin to organise your sessions after fees have been paid in full and therefore we can only confirm your session after fees have been paid. If we cannot organise a suitable time or tutor for you, we will refund your fees in full.
- Unlike our classes, we do not give a free trial lesson for private tutoring, but cancellation and refund of unused portion of fees is available after the first session if you determine it is unfit for your needs for whatever reason. After the second session, no refunds will be given for cancellations.
- We charge $88 inc GST per hour for one on one tuition for all grades.
- All sessions are held at our locations – we do not send tutors to students’ homes or local libraries.