Improve your math skills
Here are some tips which can help you improve your skills in maths
Understand the theories and concepts
- You can memorise formulas and rules to complete many math problems, but this doesn’t mean that you understand the underlying concepts behind what you’re doing.
- Learn by understanding what the theory and concepts are about instead of trying to remember all the information.
- Taking the time to make sure you understand why you’re doing what you’re doing can help your math skills immensely.
Attempt practice problems
- Jumping directly into solving problems can lead to frustration and confusion. Try to study your textbooks and pay attention in class.
- You should also work on any practice problems and homework that your teachers assign you before completing any assignments.
Attempt even MORE practice problems
- Practice makes perfect, even with math. If you are struggling with a particular kind of problem, you can improve by working on solving additional problems. You can start out with simplified problems of the same type, and move up in difficulty as you become more comfortable with finding the solutions.
Attempt practice problems that are more difficult
- Once you begin to understand the theory and are able to easily solve the problems, move onto different math problems which are harder to solve. This will challenge your learning and help you determine which parts of the theory you find that you have trouble with.
Repeat the steps again for each maths topic you go through!